Michelle A. Powers has thirty years’ experience in the field of special education, directly participating in education, administration, and regulatory oversight & compliance functions at both the state and federal levels.
Areas of Consulting:
- Student specific needs
- Training & technical assistance on:
- Special Education related policies and procedure.
- Working with students with emotional and students with significant needs (Social, Behavioral & Emotional)
- Transition & post-high school plans for individuals with disabilities
- Seclusion & restraint
- Compliance with state and federal regulations on special education and other areas, such as Section 504
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) facilitation
- Formal complaints & IEP due process hearings
- And other areas involving the practice of Special Education